Friday, March 2, 2012

Review Questions

Imagine that you were Valentina. What would you do or say if you were confronted by Bagaruka in the village after the genocide?
I would attack the man. I would be raged at what he had done, and he just killed my family and many others. I would be after the man until he was dead or put behind bars.

2. Put yourself in the shoes of Denis Bagaruka. How could you kill all of these innocent people? What would you have to do to create a mindset that would make it possible to murder innocent women, men and children.
I couldn't kill all those innocent people. I would have created a mindset of knowing that killing of the people were wrong and with no purpose. I would have gone to get some help to try and save the people.

3. What kind of punishment should Bagaruka be given?
I believe Bagaruka should get the death penalty. Although he may have been ordered to do the killings or everyone of what he thought his kind was, he still killed the people.

4. Try to put yourself in Valentina's shoes. It is three years after the end of the genocide. In what ways does the genocide still impact your daily life?
The genocide would feel it is apart of your life and that it has never gone away. Nightmares would occur every night of the killing in the church. Everyday you would morn the loss of the family and wish they were with you. She would never forget this, she had massive injuries that almost killed her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment